The history of Bridgestone do Brasil, one of the largest tire producers, has a chapter of vital importance in Brazil.
Of North American origin, Firestone was authorized to start operations in Brazil in 1923, with a business office in São Paulo. In 1939 he decided to set up his first factory in the country, in Santo André, in São Paulo State.
In 1988, Japan's Bridgestone bought Firestone. The union of the two pioneering companies in the segment resulted in a strong global corporation, today the world's largest tire manufacturer. In Brazil, Bridgestone do Brasill Indústria e Comércio Ltda was born.
In 2007, the company's history gained a new chapter, with the opening of its second plant in the country. The Camaçari Industrial Pole (Bahia) was the location chosen to host one of the most modern tire factories in the world, on a plot of 1 million m2.
Tires classified as "high-performance" and "ultra-high-performance" come out of Camaçari to equip the new generations of automobiles produced in Brazil and sports vehicles that reach high speeds and vans.
The Santo André plant focuses on the production of tires for trucks, buses, industrial, agricultural vehicles and off-road machinery.